BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Learning to be content

One thing most people should know about me is that I am NOT a person who enjoys change. This week was no exception. I love snow, but unfortunately Raleigh didn't get more than an inch. This meant, however, that Virginia got a TON. Particularly where my cousins live in Manakin-Sabot. As of last night, they had 2 feet. Because of this little snow problem, it meant a change of plans. Our annual family Christmas party was last night. Because we don't have a four-wheel drive vehicle, like my Aunt Betsy, and we're not going to rent one like my Aunt Martha did, Daddy decided we would not be attending this years party.

For a few hours, I struggled with a lot of emotions. I finally realized that I could either let this setback ruin my weekend, or I could try and make it a fun weekend despite the setback. So I convinced my parents (who hate ballet) to go to Field of Dream's production of The Nutcracker. It was a VERY fun night. The ballet was fantastic. One of my friends, Matt, played piano during intermission, and was amazing as usual. Afterwards, we all stood around talking, and Lizzie and I decided to start singing since they do it in musicals all the time, and we thought it was time we were part of a real life musical. :)

Jessica rode with me from my house, so when we drove back we sat outside in the bed of my truck (in the cold) and had lots of deep conversations. And of course, one prank call (sorry, Neil!!!!). I love deep conversations. Somehow, I think they're a necessary part of life. All that to say is that this weekend wasn't entirely ruined... in fact, I think it might have been better than going to Virginia. I have the best friends in the entire world. I don't know what I would do without Lizzie, Sarah, Kara, Matt, Nathan, Jess....and everyone else that I'm leaving out. :P

0 comments: