BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So, I was having a discussion with one of my good friends, and she was telling me how, at debate on Monday, someone brought up the topic of "should you have mixed friendships, ie: should a girl be best friends with a guy, or vise-versa. My debate teacher said that he didn't have time to really get into it, but he felt like it wasn't a good idea.

I'm having a hard time coming to a decision about this, though. Growing up, I had one or two close girlfriends but majority of my friends were guys. Now, I have more girlfriends, but I still have a few close guy friends. I guess my feeling on it is that I have no problem with it, so long as both you and the opposite gender are on the "same page" about the relationship.

In other news, I have a Christmas piano recital on Thursday. We had a rehearsal tonight. This will be an interesting recital. The piano is a baby grand, and the keys are REALLY tight. I'm not sure if any of the grands I've ever played on have ever been that tight. One of my friends is playing....some crazy chopsticks. Anyway, there are tons of glissando's in it, and it's a pretty wild piece. After she played it on the baby-grand, her hands were sore for the next 30 minutes. Plus, my teacher has a lot of younger students, some of which are extremely hyper. This could be pretty fun. :)

0 comments: